Description of MgO Magnesium Oxide Powder
Magnesium oxide (MF: MgO) is an oxide of Mg, an ionic compound. It is a white powder at room temperature. Magnesium oxide exist in the form of periclase in nature and it is a raw material for magnesium smelting.
MgO can be converted into crystal by burning at a temperature more than 1000 ° C. When it is raised to 1500-2000 ° C, it is formed into a burnt magnesia (also known as magnesia) or sintered magnesia.
Features of MgO Magnesium Oxide Powder
|Product Name||MF||CAS||Melting Point||Molecular Weight||Density||Particle Size|
|Magnesium Oxide||MgO||1309-48-4||2852℃||40.3044||3.58 g/cm3||20-100nm|
Application of MgO Magnesium Oxide Powder
1. It used in fire retardant for chemical fiber and plastics trades
2. High-temperature dehydrating agent used in the production of silicon steel sheet, high-grade ceramic material, electronic industry material, used as adhesive and additive in the chemical raw material
3. It used as refractory fiber and refractory material, magnesite-chrome brick, filler for refractory coating, refractory and insulating instrument, electricity, cable, optical material and other high- temperature furnaces, heating material and ceramic base plate.
4. It used in electric insulating material for making crucible, smelter, insulated conduit, electrode bar, electrode sheet.
5. Fuel additive, cleaner, antistatic agent and corrosion inhibitor.
Storage of MgO Magnesium Oxide Powder
MgO magnesium oxide should be stored in dry and cool environment, can't be exposure to air, in addition, it should avoid heavy pressure, according to ordinary goods transportation.