Chromium oxide green, molecular formula Cr2O3
Relative density 5.21g/cm3, Mohs hardness 8.5-9, close to corundum (Al2O3), second only to diamond, surpassing quartz (SiO2), topaz Al2 (SiO4) (F, OH)2 and zircon ZrSiO4). , atmosphere, and corrosive gases (H2S, SO2, etc.) are extremely stable and have excellent weather resistance. Insoluble in water, acid and organic solvents, slightly soluble in sodium hydroxide solution, only soluble in hot sodium bromate solution, hot concentrated perchloric acid solution or boiling sulfur-phosphorus mixed acid, it is a high-quality refractory material.
Detail technical data of Chromium Oxide Green:
|Name||Chromium Oxide Green||EINECS NO.||215-160-9||CAS NO.||1308-38-9|
|Molecular formula||Cr2O3||Appearance||bright green to dark green|
|Natural bulk density(g/cm3)||0.6-0.8||1.2-1.5||0.4-0.65|
|Hexavalent chromium||Minimum up to 0-5ppm, or customized as needed|
1. Lead chrome green is the main coloring pigment in the paint industry, and most of the green paints are formulated with this pigment. In addition, it is also used in paints and plastics. Its application range is very similar to that of lead chrome yellow. Due to the presence of chrome yellow in the composition, attention should be paid to the toxicity of lead. Lead chrome green contains iron blue and the oxidant lead chromate, so when the dust encounters sparks, there is a possibility of spontaneous combustion, so be careful when drying and crushing. After burning, the lead chrome green completely loses the characteristics of green pigment and turns into a dark brownish-yellow substance. In addition, when making nitro paint, the rolling process is not directly rolled with lead chrome green, but the process of grinding with lead chrome green to prevent burning during rolling.
2. Used in metallurgy, also used as ceramics, refractory materials, raw materials for pigment industry and organic synthesis catalyst.
3. Used as analytical reagent, catalyst.
4. It is used as a coloring, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance filler for adhesives and sealants. It can also be used as a colorant for enamel, ceramics, artificial leather, and building materials; a catalyst for organic chemical synthesis; a light-fast coating and a special ink for printing banknotes.
5. It is used as a colorant in cosmetics, mainly used in eye cosmetics, but not in oral and lip cosmetics, and is not recommended for facial cosmetics and nail polish.
6. Chromium trioxide is one of the main components of the silver-plated layer dipping solution. The newly prepared chromium dioxide is an important raw material for preparing chromium fluoride and chromium bromide.